In Ferguson MO, the initial complaint was "white police oppressing black citizens". But once black Officers were added, these Officers were accused of being "Uncle Toms"! Then when the police force was completely black, law enforcement ceased and the city became ungovernable. The community culture of "snitches get stitches" prevails, leading to lawlessness.
The progression is sad and predictable:
- Middle class blacks move into a neighborhood. Everyone espouses "diversity" and how it's working.
- Then more and more blacks move in, including the Section 8 EBT card folks, who bring with them the ghetto thug culture.
- Muggings and robberies, home invasions and break ins begin to close shops and stores, and whites flee for the safety of themselves and for their children, both on the streets and in the schools, which become increasingly violent. (The Progressives, from their gated communities with armed guards accuse the fleeing whites as "racists!")
- Soon, the community becomes a "food desert" with grocery stores, gas stations, shops, restaurants, boutiques and convenience stores all closed.
- The solitary remnant of the former community is the white police force and a municipality increasingly financially crippled by the shrinking tax base and growing property tax delinquencies on abandoned and deteriorating unsalable property.
what can be done? In my opinion, the only solution is to change the ghetto thug culture. The Hollywood Left glorifies this with rap music, videos and movies. The anger and sense of victimhood with young blacks is stoked and encouraged. But for what purpose? If destruction of society is the goal, the Left is succeeding. Generation after generation of young blacks are being consumed with gang violence, drugs and lost opportunities.
The mistake the Left makes is thinking that all blacks are like the functional educated blacks they have met in college or working in the NGO's. They have no concept of the destructive nature of the ghetto thug culture, and consider it merely an "ethnic aspect that's neither good nor bad but merely 'different' ". But this appears to be incorrect. All America wants blacks to climb up the socio-economic ladder. But currently the one avenue for progress, education, is being rejected!
Promising black students who do well are ostracized and beaten for "going white". How toxic is that? Then Jessie Jackson accuses the tech industry of discriminating against blacks owing to the paucity of blacks writing code. But if learning to write code is "going white" and punished, whose fault is it that there are not more blacks in the tech industry?
Changing the culture would involve strengthening the family, ceasing to glorify the thug culture and changing the model for the young from the gold toothed shotgun toting gang leader in the lowered BMW with tinted windows to a more constructive model like Ben Carson or Colin Powell. Right now there's no hope.